Internal Complaint Committee / Anti-Sexual Harassment Committee
According to the Sexual Harassment at Workplace (Prevention, Prohibition and Redressal) Act 2013, Sunbeam College for Women has established an Internal Complaint Committee / Anti-Sexual Harassment Committee. Adhering to the judgment of the Honorable Supreme Court of India, we aim to provide a basic human right of gender equality. The College aims to provide a conducive atmosphere on campus, where all genders are respected and treated with dignity.
What is Sexual Harassment?
Sexual harassment includes unwelcome sexually determined behavior (whether directly or by implication) such as:
- Humiliating, Demeaning, and/or Persistent criticism.
- Verbal or Physical threats or Body Shaming
- Offensive gestures, Language, Rumors, Gossip or Jokes.
- Isolation or Exclusion from normal work or study place.
- Insulting or Embarrassing Comments.
- Publishing, circulating, or displaying pornographic, Racist, sexually suggestive, or otherwise offensive pictures or other materials.
- Unwanted physical contact, ranging from an invasion of personal space to a serious assault.
- A demand or request for sexual favors.
As per the guidelines of UGC and the Supreme Court, an Anti-Sexual Harassment Committee (ASHC) has been established by the college
- To provide a healthy atmosphere to the students and the college staff members.
- To deal with issues relating to sexual harassment.
Dr. Shalini Singh
Dr. Ritu Singh
Dr Rajeev Singh
Dr. Manisha Singh
Dr. Mandakini Gupta
Dr. Reena Baral
Dr. Karunendra Singh